Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Brain Dump And Back At It

I ended up taking the entire Labor Day weekend off from Prosper and blogging to spend some time with the wife and lil' one. As part of getting going again, here's a bit of brain clearing.

I've got several different threads in my head for research topics. Through the series of posts on accessing Prosper's internal default calculations (part 1, part 2, part 3), I got access to some pretty cool statistical information. It's time for me to get working on describing techniques to model default rates (like I said I would). There is also a meme running around (most recently pondered by WiseClerk and Jutia Group) that it may be possible to analytically discern a loan's expected default rate based on the listing description. I have some theories on how to evaluate this, and it'll take some off-blog testing to see if there's value here. Either way, I'll post results when I have them.

On the blog front, a few changes. I finally added a contact e-mail address (prosperousland@gmail.com) if you have questions or comments that you want to keep off a public forum. I'm planning on at least addressing the non-Prosper P2P sites from time to time, and incorporating more information from personal finance blogs when it relates to lenders (investing and risk mitigation strategies) and borrowers (handling debt properly), even if it's not directly related to Prosper. The site layout may get messed with - it'll settle down eventually.

No comments: