Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Fun: Gordon Bailey Quotes

Prosper CEO Chris Larson has been pushing the idea that Prosper combines aspects of George Bailey and Gordon Gekko to do something in the financial marketplace. What insightful quotes might we expect to hear uttered around this Mr. Gordon Bailey?

  • Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a Prosper loan funds an angel gets his wings.
  • A toast! A toast! A toast to Mama Dollar and to Papa Dollar, and if you want to keep these loans out of collections, you better have a family real quick.
  • Greed is good. Now, come on, get your clothes on, and we'll stroll up to my car and get... Oh, I'm sorry. I'll stroll. You fly.
  • I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought. And I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long.
Update: And after watching the stock market today... (hat tip)

No comments: